- 1908: Hima Foundation by Johannes Hildebrandt. HIMA stands for Hildebrandt Mannheim.
- 1970: 1st TÜV-certified safety system in the world: Planar P.
- 1986: 1st TÜV-certified PES in the world: H50.
- 1991: 1st TÜV-certified Reverse Compiler in the world.
- 1997: 1st TÜV-certified 2oo4/QMR-system in the world: HIQuad. 1st TÜV-certified safety-related communication via Ethernet in the world: safeethernet.
- 2002: The fastest SIL3 safety systems: HIMatrix.
- 2003: 1st TÜV-verified SIL calculation tool in the world: SILence.
- 2006: Leader in the development team for the FF-H1-SIS.
- 2007: 1st Subsea HIPPS certified by TI Norway and TÜV.
- 2008: Launch of HIMax system. 100-year-anniversary of HIMA.
Hima’s mission: Safety-Nonstop
- HIMA solutions are protecting people, plants, machines and buildings worldwide.
- HIMA solutions deliver uninterrupted nonstop – operation, permanent safety.
- HIMA ensures that every aspect of the safety lifecycle is addressed
- World’s first TÜV certified safety system.
- More than 40 years of experience in the process safety industry.
- More than 20.000 systems installed in more than 80 countries worldwide.
- All systems fit-for-use in SIL3 applications and for integration to all DCS.
- Market leader in Germany with 64% market share
- Market leader in Europe with 38% market share
- Worldwide nº3 supplier with 10% market share
Hima range of applications
- Process Safety: ESD, Fire & Gas, BMS, HIPPS, TMC, Pipeline Automation & Protection
- Machine Safety: Punching and Presses, Painting Systems, Assembly Systems, Conveyor Systems, Robot Cells, Amusement Rides, Lifts, Locks and Polders, Cableways
- Building Safety: Airports, High-rise Blocks, Stadiums, Railway Stations, Shopping Centers